Monday, February 28, 2011

Oscar Recap

The 83rd Academy awards were interesting this year with moments varying from cute and funny to plain boring. The fashion, though, was brilliant and people Really dressed like they should have (well, mostly)
Here's a recap of Sunday night's Oscar Awards:
Starting off with the Red Carpet, I was thrilled to see my favorites looking gorgeous (special mention: Justin Timberlake in Tom Ford was like a picture of my dreams. I love him and I love Tom Ford so this was perfect) And though it was tough, I managed to pick the 3 best dressed, them being
1) Hailee Steinfeld


2) Mila Kunis

3) Gweneth Paltrow  
I still can't decide wether I loved or hated Cate Blanchette so here's a picture for you to decide:


So now for the awards! I will mention the parts I loved about the function but I'm not going to list all of the awards so here's a link to the complete list on E! Online- http://tinyurl.com/68b637b
There were some amazing and fun presenters up there; Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis, Jude Law and Robert Downey Jr., Jake Gyllenhaal (well, him 'cos I love him. His presenting skills weren't top notch) and of course Oprah and her shiny chest.
Uhm, note Miss O, that dress was Way too shiny up there. But I still love you and the awesome gifts you give on your show :)
Special moments of the night included Melissa Leo being speechless while giving a speech and being the only one who cursed during the whole night. The latter was disappointing as I expected more fun cursing. James Franco in a dress was a sight! I absolutely adored him even though I hate to say he looked bored during the hosting.
A great moment was during David Siedler's accepting speech for "The Best Original Screenplay" for "The King's Speech". He was referring to the people in the world who have stuttering problems and gave them a special shout out by saying, "We have a voice. We have been heard. Thanks to the Academy." that was sweet :)
One of the things that really made the Oscars night amazing was Celine Dion's performance. She is beautiful and talented and French Canadian. Killer combination.

The big winners of the night were of course "Inception" and "The King's Speech" with 4 awards each, "The Social Network" received 3 and "Alice In The Wonderland" 2. Big shockers- "Black Swan" only receiving 1 and "127 Hours" none. Woah.
So, that's about it! Everything else was somewhat boring and so I pray that this did not put you to sleep 'cos otherwise the Oscars would be brutal. All in all, I don't really regret waking up at 4:30 am (live in India) for the Red Carpet after about 3 and a half hours of sleep because for some reason* the Academy Awards are always cool to watch. :D

*Reason= James Franco <3


P.S- no more posts for a while cos of the traumatizing finals that are coming my way X(

No comments:

Post a Comment