Monday, December 27, 2010

Listening To What I Hear

The radio is playing. Some man is rambling on the usage of the English language and how it is spoiling the genaration because of how potent it has become. Some part of me wonders if he is serious. The other, more dominant part, does not care. I hear him. But I’m not listening. My mind wanders…
4 hours ago…

My friends talk about everything that comes to their minds. That day’s topic; the gossip from the latest couple in our group. I remember thinking why they cared so much (later I realised that it was the couple’s first month together, and yet, I probably would have thought the same thing). I hear the gossip. But I’m not listening.
My mind wanders…
2.5 hours ago…
I caught myself thinking about him… I wondered where he went. Something was wrong, but he wouldn’t tell. He always told. Something was very wrong.

An hour ago…

 I saw him. And I tried to listen. Listen to what he might want me to know but couldn’t say. Because he understood my silence. Because he was always there for me. I’m there for him now. So why dont I know? Why is this so hard?
Right now…
I’m in the car. The radio is playing. I listen to the man now because sometimes, you need to. Sometimes hearing isn’t enough. Even if it’s a rant on the radio, or the gossip by your friends..

No comments:

Post a Comment